Background & Current Focus
Ray Biederman is primarily a business attorney representing clients ranging from national non-profits to small family-owned businesses in issues ranging from product liability to shareholder disputes. Ray also has experience working businesses through the sale of the business to infusion of capital through complex financing mechanisms and tax credits. Ray’s real passion is in electronic Discovery. Ray is a testifying expert is eDiscovery issues and represents large scale organizations in addressing their eDiscovery, data governance and information management needs in the context of litigation, administrative investigations, and responses to data breaches. For more than 20 years, Ray has worked on every aspect of the eDiscovery process, from data preservation through production. Ray is a Super Lawyer Rising Star in eDiscovery, has been cited in multiple court opinions on eDiscovery issues, and is an adjunct lecturer for eDiscovery at the IUPUI School of Informatics and Computing. Ray also advises government agencies, municipalities, and townships on general governance issues.
MBCB’s partners have founded two eDiscovery businesses; Ray is Chief Executive Officer of both. Proteus Discovery Group is an eDiscovery services and consulting company, and DiscoveryMaster is a software reporting platform for document review projects in Relativity. He was previously an associate at Barnes & Thornburg, LLP.
- B.M., Music Education, Butler University, 2006
- J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2009
- Indianapolis Bar Association, eDiscovery Committee, former Chair, current Member
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, Member
- Indianapolis Symphonic Choir, President
- Indianapolis Marion County Public Library Board of Trustees, Secretary
- Freetown Village, Board Member
- Capital Improvement Board of Managers, former Member
- Kokomo Symphonic Society, former President
- Metropolitan Youth Orchestra, former conductor
- Lawrence Township Advisory Board Member, previously elected